Our campaign aims to go much further and:
• Highlight black bream as one of Sussex’s most valuable assets.
• Get it widely recognised as the ‘county fish’ of Sussex.
• Ensure that angling is fairly represented in decisions over how the proposed Kingmere Marine Conservation Zone is managed.
• Identify other important nesting, aggregating sites for black bream within Sussex waters.
• Introduce a species management plan for black bream that recognises its importance to Sussex as both a recreational and commercial resource.
By working together with conservation groups, commercial groups, local businesses and the Sussex IFCA we intent to make sure that everyone in Sussex benefits from better management of one of the County’s most valuable natural assets.